Shaw Lane Aquaforce 1 NFU 1 (PSF)

Pre-season Friendly
28 July 2015
Shaw Lane Aquaforce 1   North Ferriby United     

NFU: Liam King 36 pen
Shaw Lane:Adam Priestley 32

This was a good work-out for Ferriby  as they continued their pre-season preparations. Shaw Lane are buoyed-up by last season’s promotion and have a team that should handle itself well in the Evostik Division One South.

The Villagers should have won the game but chances were hard to come to by on a hard and somewhat even pitch.

The hosts almost took the lead in the first minute but Adam Priestley’s header went straight to Ferriby keeper Adam Nicklin. Priestley was Shaw Lane’s biggest threat all afternoon but his chances were limited by solid defending from Ash Palmer and Danny Hone at the centre of Ferriby’s defence.
The game ebbed from end-to-end with little to get the fans excited.

Ferriby’s first attempt on goal came after 11 minutes when Liam King saw his shot blocked. A minute later, Priestley drew a diving save from Nicklin.

King saw a 25-yard shot dip just over the bar whilst Nicklin did well to take a dangerous low cross ahead of the incoming Shaw Lane forwards.

Ferriby began to exert more control and Shaw Lane keeper Ian Deakin had to make his first save after 21 minutes, holding a Danny Clarke shot at the second attempt. For all Ferriby’s pressure, the ball was not falling kindly for them in the opposition area.

Danny Emerton was unfortunate to see a curling shot just go by the top corner with Deakin beaten.

A bit against the run of play, Shaw lane took the lead after 32 minutes. A Ferriby attack was halted midway in the Shaw lane half and a quick break saw Lee Bennett race towards Adam Nicklin. The striker’s shot was well-saved by Nicklin but the ball reached Priestley who hammered in to an empty net.

The lead was short-lived. Four minutes later, Clarke was fouled in the area and King dispatched the penalty to Deakin’s left for a deserved equaliser.

 The second-half saw Ferriby control the game but they could not find a winner. Shaw Lane did not have a single attempt on goal as they struggled to get past Ferriby’s defence and midfield.

Ferriby’s chances were few and far between. King hit a volley at Deakin before Tom Denton headed an Adam Bolder free-kick wide at the far post.
Another Bolder free-kick ended with a Palmer shot being blocked and shortly after Russ fry hit a 25-yard free-kick at substitute keeper Danny Rusling.

Emerton, who caused problems for the Shaw Lane defence all afternoon, was thwarted after 71 minutes when Rusling raced off-his line to make a good save at Emerton’s feet on the edge of the penalty area.

New signing Ross Armstrong almost pinched a victory for Ferriby in the last minute but his 30-yard shot found Rusling.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented, “We knew this would be a difficult game. Shaw Lane have some good players and they showed the y have quality by winning the title last season to gain promotion.

“We did enough to win the game, especially in the second-half, but our finishing wasn’t as sharp as it was at Lincoln.”

NFU: Adam Nicklin (Tom Nicholson 67), Louis Bruce (Ben Middleton 45),  Tom Davie,  Liam King (Tim Taylor 72), Ash Palmer, Danny Hone, Danny Clarke (Ross Armstrong 36),(Nathan Hotte (Adam Bolder 45),  Tom Denton(Ryan Kendall 69), Ryan Kendall (Russell Fry 45), Danny Emerton. Sub not used: Curtis Bateson

Shaw Lane Aquaforce: Ian Deakin (Danny Rusling 61), Gary Stoher, Luke O’Brien (Joe Fox 72), Anton Foster (Martin Devaney 72), Mohammed Sabo, Stefan Holt (Brad Kilburn 61), Andrew Fox (Jimmy eyles 56), Rhys Meynell (Matthew Thornhill 45), Lee Bennett Luke O’Brien 78), Adam priestley (Andrew Fox 78), Martin Devaney (Lee Morris 53). Sub not used: Dan Vinten



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors