Selby Town 0 NFU 7 (PSF)

Pre-season friendly

Selby Town  0         North Ferriby United  7
                                       Nathan Jarman 15p, 39; Adam Bolder 26, 63, 86p; Tom Corner 52, 87

This was a wholly professional and clinical performance by Ferriby. They controlled the game throughout against a spirited Selby side that never gave-up trying to play football and go forward. However, Ferriby were the physically stronger and fitter of the two sides and the scoreline did not flatter them.

The Villagers exerted control in midfield throughout the game and the defence was rarely seriously threatened.

Ferriby played with a lot of pace and movement, attacking down both wings and building well from the back. Dean Lisles is usually seen in defence but tonight he played on the right in a wide attacking midfield role in a move that proved very successful. Just as on Saturday at Lincoln, Tom Denton created no end of problems in the first-half with his flick-ons and lay-offs.

Adam Bolder had a very good game in midfield and finished the night with a hat-trick. New striker Tom Corner claimed a double and Nathan Jarman also bagged two.

Home keeper Rob land did well early on to, first, take the ball off the head of the incoming Denton and then just beat Jarman to a Denton flick-on. Land then held a 20-yard drive from Jarman as The Villagers piled on the pressure.

The first goal was not long delayed. Jack Binns tripped Adam Bolder in the area and Jarman fired home the penalty after 15 minutes.

Ferriby were creating plenty of goal-scoring opportunities and Denton was unlucky to see a header dip just over the bar with Land beaten.

The second goal came after 26 minutes. Lisles turned two defenders in the are and his cross-cum-shot was met by Bolder who headed firmly past Land.

Jarman scored the third goal after 39 minutes when he controlled Josh wilde’s pass to chip the keeper from 12 yards.

Sadly, Selby had little to offer on the attacking front. Greg archer had a shot blocked on the edge of the area and Adam Nicklin twice raced from his area to clear long through balls but Selby really offered no threat. Luke Hall was at the heart of Selby’s best attacks but he had little in the way of support against a strong Ferriby defence.

As on Saturday, manager Billy Heath rang the changes at half-time but these did nothing to spoil Ferriby’s dominance and control. Corner made it four after 52 minutes with a firm header from Danny Emerton’s corner.

Once again, the pressure was all from Ferriby as they continued to bombard the Selby goal. A neatly worked free-kick after 63 minutes saw Bolder fire a low shot just inside the keeper’s right-hand post.

Antoni Pecora had only one save to make when he comfortably held Jamie Forrester’s free-kick.

Two goals in the closing minutes capped a fine performance. After 86 minutes Danny hone was fouled by Danny Gray and Bolder completed his hat-trick from the resultant penalty. A minute later, Corner scored the seventh when he ran on to mark Kingston’s pass to coolly place the ball past the keeper.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented, “It was another good performance. We scored some good goals and the players look sharp and confident.”

Selby Town: Rob Land (AN Other 52); Jack Tramner, Jack Binns, Mick Jones, Chris Dickman, Alex Horsman, Jamie Forrester, Greg Archer, Danny gray, Luke Hall Jason Crisp 45), Craig Muirhead (Matty Start 45). Subs not used: Charlie Dixon, Ryan o’Reilly

NFU: Adam Nicklin (Antoni Pecora 45), Dean Lisles (Danny Emerton  45); Josh Wilde (Mark Kingston 85), Jon D’Laryea  (Tim Taylor 45), Matty Wilson (Danny Hone 45), Gregg Anderson (), Adam Bolder  Russ Fry, Tom Denton (Tom Corner 45) , Nathan Jarman (Dan Clayton 45), Mark Gray Louis Bruce 45

Attendance: 80 (est)



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors