Rushall Olympic 0 NFU 3 (Evo Prem)


Evostik Northern Premier League Premier Division

Rushall Olympic 0  North Ferriby United  3

Ferriby controlled nearly all the game to shock previously unbeaten Rushall.  The Villagers were rarely troubled by the home side and could have won by an even greater margin.

Ferriby dominated the first 20 minutes and could have been three or four goals ahead.

After only three minutes Ryan Kendall worked his way in to the area only to see his shot turned over by keeper Chris Gemmell.

Good work by Gary Bradshaw saw his cross just evade the on-rushing Liam King then a panicky clearance bounced off Russell Fry in to Gemmell's hands.

Ferriby had another good opportunity after 12 minutes. Good work by Kendall  saw him draw the defence but he chose to shoot with Chris Hall well-placed to his right.

Kendall and Gary Bradshaw were causing no end of problems for Rushall with their pace and movement. This was prompted from superb work in midfield by Fry and Liam King who ran the game for much of the time.

Bradshaw hit the bar after 13 minutes when he instinctively pulled down a clearance and fired-off a first-time shot with Gemmell well beaten.

Ferriby continued to press with Kendall, Fry and  Bradshaw all going close.

Rushall finally got into the game for a short spell after 32 minutes.  Nicklin held Louis keenan's curling free-kick at the far post. Wayne Daniel then saw a shot cleared off the line and Michael Clarke's shot was deflected for a corner.

However Ferriby regained control but the half remained goalless.

Rushall opened the second-half at pace and Nicklin did well to hold Mitchell Tolley's free-kick.

Ferriby again took control and finally got the goal they deserved after 53 minutes.  The ball was worked don the left and played inside to Ben Hunter who turned his marker and fired past Gemmell from 25 yards. The keeper got a hand to the shot but could not prevent it finding the top corner for hunter's first goal for the club.

Rushall responded with a header from Daniel before Ferriby virtually clinched the game in the 61st minute. Hendall was played in along the left goal-line and beat a couple of defenders before crossing low to the far post for Bradshaw to score from close range.

The game continued with Ferriby in control. Such was their dominance in defence and midfield that Rushall wereforced in to  a long-ball game that played in the hands of Ferriby;s defence which gave a superb performance throughout.

After 76 minutes Kendall finally got the goal his performance deserved. believe how much space he A ball from midfield found him 40 yards from goal with no defender in sight. He ran on and calmly placed the ball past Gemmell for his first goal for Ferriby.

Ferriby should have made it four three minutes later but Gemmell dived low to his left to save Fry's penalty after Decio Gomes had handled.

This was a very good all-round team performance from Ferriby. NIcklin had little to do in goal but dealt effectively with the little thrown at him. The back four of Dean Lisles, Paul Foot, Gregg Anderson and Nathan Peat snuffed-out Rushall's aerial threat  and constantly closed down on any ground play.  Hunter and Hall created problems out wide prompted by Fry and King and Rushall never really came to grips with Kendall and Bradshaw up-front.

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Dean Lisles, Nathan Peat, Liam King, Gregg Anderson, Paul Foot (Mark Gray 54), Ben Hunter, Russell Fry, Gary Bradshaw, Ryan Kendall  (Jack Muldoon 78), Chris Hall (Chris Bolder 55). Non-playing subs: Steve Gardner, Antoni Pecora

Rushall Olympic:  Chris Gemmel, Kyle Haynes,  Louis Keenan (Jonathan Haynes 76), Mitchell Tolley, Wayne Daniel, Grant Beckett, Ramone Stephens, Decio Gomes, Michael Clarke, Dave Walker (Abu Islam 58), Lei Brown (Andre Landell 58).  Non-playing subs: Abu Islam, Martyn Naylor, Nick Amos


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors