Plenty of goals in the double-header

It was an entertaining day at The Chadwick Stadium.

The Villagers and East Yorkshire Carnegie opened the proceedings. 
Ferriby largely controlled the first-half. They were quicker and stronger and deservedly went in 2-1 ahead. Alex Bannister hit the post after five minutes and the side missed a couple of other chance.

Ferriby took the lead after 20 minutes when Luke lofts fed James Nicols who slid the ball past the keeper.

Carnegie gained a surprise equaliser after 30 minutes when Nash Mkwaza hit an unstoppable 16-yard shot in to the top corner.

Ferriby continued to press and Jamie Forrester restored Ferriby’s five minutes later. Keeper Lewis Hill got his hands to the ball but could not keep it out.

As expected, both sides made changes at half-time, with Chris Bolder fielding a completely different 11 players. This half was more disjointed but The Villagesr still manged to make a number of chances.

However, it was Carnegie who scored first with thei number 11 scoring witha  delightful chip shot from 25 yards.

The winning goal came four minutes from time when Kent Bannister when he turned in a low ball at the far post.


Ferriby Legends 6   Hull City Legends 5

A goodly number of the physiques may have changed, a few years have been added and the pace may be a bit slower but these guys can still display wonderful footballing skills that would have been the envy of many of the crowd.

It may have been a friendly to raise funds for The Villagers but, make no mistake, both sides wanted to win.

Gary Bradshaw, perhaps inevitably, put Ferriby ahead after Gavin Kelly had blocked his first shot.

Darren France equalise shortly after with closerange tap-in.

There were delightful moves from both sides. 

Ryan Williams hammered in a 20-yard drive to restore Ferriby’s lead then France scored his second to equalise.

City went in 3-2 at half-time aftera long ball played Nick Barmby in and he slid the ball past Steve Wilson.

A Barmby-Dean Windass 1-2 saw the former net his second goal and it looked as if City might take control.

However, liam Foster’s neat shot made it 3-4. 

City restored a two-goal lead when Hughes and Barmby linke-up to give Windass the chance to make it five.

This sparked a response from Ferriby and  Leon Wainman tappedin after Kelly had parried a Williams shot.

Darren Wilson and Williams provide Bradshaw with the opportunity to equalise.

It was Bradshaw who completed both the scoring and his hat-trick in the final minute  with a penalty after Justin Whittle tripped  Joel Hartley.

All-in-all, an entertaining game that gave a lot of pleasure to the fans and, judging by the smiles on their faces, to the palyers.



Patrons of North Ferriby United:


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors