NFU v Solihull Moors (SN)

The Skrill North
Saturday 7 December 2013

North Ferriby United  1  Solihull Moors 1

Scorers: NFU: Anthony Wilson 62
              Solihull: Omar Bogle 45

The first-half was a scrappy and frenetic affair with few chances at either end. It was a physical game with no quarter given by either side. Neither side was given time to settle on the ball in a an end-to-end game.

Solihull had the better of the opening 10 minutes with home keeper Adam Nicklin saving from Omar Bogle. Nicklin then dealt will with two dangerous crosses.

Ferriby gradually got themselves in to the game and it needed a last-ditch tackle from Rob Elvins.to deny Anthony Wilson a chance to score. Danny Hone then headed Jamie Yates’ corner to Moors keeper Jas Singh.

Moors attacks were largely built on long balls to Omar Bogle and Gary Birch. Solihull’s main threats came from Dominic Langdon’s long throws.which were defended well by Ferriby.

Ferriby tried to play the ball around and build their attacks but constant pressure from Moors’ midfield meant that space and time were limited. Much of Ferriby’s threat came from Yates on the left.

Nicklin saved well from Matt Birley’s 25-yard drive but this was the only serious shot on goal that Nicklin had to save throughout the game.

With half-time approaching, Hone and Anthony Wilson went close for Ferriby but it was Solihull who took the lead as the game entered time-add-on. Bogle latched on to a clearance and helf-off Hone before sliding the ball past Nicklin.

 Nicklin’s early clearance from Bogle as the striker charged through being the closest Solihull came to a goal in the second half. Once again, Solihull’s main threat came from the set pieces of Langdon and Beswick but Ferriby’s defence remained in control.

Ferriby had much the better of the second-half. Singh did well in the opening minute to take a Yates’ cross under pressure from Nathan Jarman.

The equaliser came after 62 minutes when Anthony Wilson rose at the near post to head home a Yates’ corner. From this point, Solihull rarely threatened. Singh did well to save at Matt Wilson’s feet then the keeper turned Anthony Wilson’s shot round for a corner.

Matt Wilson was unlucky to see his looping header from Paul Robson’s free-kick go behind off the top of the bar.
Ferriby had a good chance to win the game in the final minute. Jarman fired over after Anthony Wilson’s surging run and pass gave him a good scoring opportunity.

The game was a credit to both sides as nobody had a poor game and neither manager risked unbalancing his side’s performance bu making substitutions.

Ferriby probably did enough to win but with most of the top sides losing, this was a good point for Ferriby.

Both managers were happy with a point at the end. Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented, “I thought we did enough win. The first-half was pretty even but we turned the game round in the second-half and put them under pressure after we equalised. However, I’m pleased with the point.”

Solihull boss Marcus Bignot was equally happy with the point, “Ferriby is a hard place to go to and to have got four points from them this season is really pleasing. It was hard game with a draw probably a fair result.”

NFU: ( 4-4-2 ) Adam Nicklin, Paul Robson, Matt Wilson, Danny Hone , Nathan Peat, Danny Clarke, Liam King Russell Fry, Jamie Yates, Nathan Jarman, Anthony Wilson 

Subs not used: Jon D’Laryea, Antoni Pecora, Ben Hunter, Gregg Anderson, Ryan Kendall,

Solihull Moors: (4-4-2) Jas Singh, Michael Nottingham, Michael Blackwood Rob Elvins , Dominic Langdon, Reece Fleet, Matt Birley, Ryan Beswick Darryl Knights, Gary Birch, Omar Bogle,, Subs not used: Stuart Peirpoint, Darren Acton, Jay Denny, Aron Wint, Michael Taylor

Attendance: 335



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors