NFU 4 Stourbridge 0 (FAT 3QR)

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Replay
Tuesday 16 November 2013

 North Ferriby United  4    Stourbridge 0

Scorers: NFU: L King 26; D Hone 31; R Kendall 45, 69

The Villagers eased in to a First Round FA Trophy tie at Hyde FC with a professional and polished performance against a stubborn Stourbridge side.

The visitors probably felt they had a point to prove after their performance in the first game and they took the game to Ferriby in the first 15 minutes. Russel Fry had to clear a deflected shot just short of the line. Stourbridge then had a series of corners but could not make their pressure count.

Ferriby then began to play themselves back into the game. Nathan Jarman chested a Paul Robson cross down and his overhead kick went narrowly past the top corner. Stourbridge keeper Dean coleman then did well to punch the ball away under pressure.

Stourbridge almost took the lead after 24 minutes. Adam Nicklin parried Ryan Rowe’s shot to Luke Benbow who fired against the bar. This was the last time that Stourbridge seriously threatened until late in the second-half.

Ferriby took the lead in the 26th minute when Liam King hammered home a low shot after Jarman’s shot had been blocked.

The goal really lifted Ferriby and they started to dominate the game. The second goal came after 31 minutes when Danny Hone’s goal-bound header was turned over the line by Stourbridge’s Leon Broadhurst.

Despite ferriby’s dominance, Stourbridge pushed forward when they could but offered no real threat.

Ferriby sealed the game just on half-time when Jarman’s superb chip to the far post found Ryan Kendall who placed a low shot into the corner of the net.
The second-half saw Stourbridge continue to press but Ferriby’s midfield and defence prevented any real goal-scoring opportunities.

Jarman probably should have scored after 50 minutes but his close-range shot went over the bar. King then saw a shot drop just over the bar. Jarman had a goal disallowed for off-side as Ferriby continued to look for more goals.

The final goal came after 69 minutes. Jarman was again the provider as his delightful through-ball freed Kendall who placed the ball past the advancing Coleman.

Stourbridge were frustrated after 81 minutes when Jordan Fitzpatrick’s shot came back off the bar.

Stourbridge struggled throughout to deal with the wide playy of Danny Clarke and Jamie Yates. Kendall and Jarman were a constant threat up-front and with a solid defence and midfield The Villagers were well-worth their win.

Manager Billy Heath commented, “They started the game just like we did on Saturday but we weathered their early pressure and played ourselves back into the game. The second goal was the real clincher. I’m really pleased with the result and the performance. The next round at Hyde will give us a chance to compare ourse;lves with a Conference national side.”

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Paul Robson, Nathan Peat, Liam King, Gregg Anderson (Sam Belcher 82),  Danny Hone, Danny Clarke,  Russell Fry (Jon D’Laryea 70)  , Ryan Kendall,  Nathan Jarman, Jamie Yates (Ben Hunter 66) Subs not used: Antoni Pecora, , Anthony Wilson

Stourbridge: Dean Coleman, George Washbourne, Will Richards, Kyle Haynes, Sean Geddes (Jordan Fitzpatrick 67), Nathan Bennett, Ryan Rowe, Leon Broadhurst, Luke Benbow, Ben Billingham (Roland Agbor 61)., Andre Francis (Sam Tye 77) Sub not used: Jon Ford,NFU

Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors