NFU 4 Histon 4 (SN)

The Skrill North
Saturday 18 January 2014
North Ferriby United   4 Histon 4

Scorers: NFU: Nathan Jarman 18pen; Ryan Kendall 43, 53; Nathan Peat 55
Histon: Lewis Taaffe 3, 82; Nathan Hicks 11; Nick Freeman 78

Ferriby stayed top of the Skrill North after this entertaining game that will have given both managers nightmares.

Both sides lost two-goal advantages in a topsy-turvey and entertaining game.

Histon started the better of the two sides and took the lead after 3 minutes. Nathan Hicks won the ball on the left and his run and low cross found Lewis Taaffe who hit a low shot beyond Adam Nicklin.

Hicks doubled Histon’s lead on 11 minutes when he pounced to score after Adam Nicklin parried Taaffe’s low shot.

Histon were on top and should have scored a third after 16 minutes. Hicks won the ball on the left and his run finished with a shot that went wide when he had two colleagues much better placed to score.

Up to this point The Villagers had not really threatened but they were given a life-line after 18 minutes. Nathan Jarman hammered home a penalty after being fouled by Zak Mills.
 The goal boosted Ferriby and they lifted their game. Ryan Kendall drew a one-handed save from Histon keeper Calum Kutscha. Jarman hit a shot at Kutscha then Jamie Yates saw a shot blocked by Remy Clerima.

Ferriby’s passing game was off-key and Histon seemed to be the quicker to second balls. However, Kendall equalised after 43 minutes. A Yates’ corner caused trouble and after the ball was twice cleared off the line it reached Kendall who volleyed in to the top corner.

The second-half was a mirror-image of the first.

Ferriby started brightly and took the lead on 53 minutes when Histon keeper Calum Kitscha and Roberts left the ball to each other and Kendall nipped between them to score. Two minutes later Nathan Peat’s long punt forward found Kitscha off his line and the ball bounced past him and into the net.

Ferriby then increased the pressure.
Matt Wilson headed a Yates’ free-kick against the inside of the post. Kendall then headed over after a shot was blocked..
Kutscha made a superb save from Anthony Wilson, turning his shot on to the bar. Liam King then fired wide.
Ferriby were left ruing these missed chances.

Substitute Nick Freeman capitalised on a defensive error to make it 4-3 with virtually his first touch after 78 minutes. Taaffe levelled the scores four minutes later when he took advantage of another error in Ferriby’s defence.

Both teams went looking for the winner but the draw was a fair result.

Ferriby were not at their best in this game but they battled hard for the point that keeps them top of the table on goal-difference from Hednesford.

Manager Billy Heath was left feeling a little frustrated, “We were not as strong defensively today. However, we had chances to settle the game after going 4-2 ahead. We are still on a good run and still top of the league and we now look forward to the Oxford game on Tuesday.”

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Dean Lisles (Paul Robson 45), Nathan Peat, Liam King, Matt Wilson,  Danny Hone(Gregg Anderson 33), Danny Clayton, Jon D’Laryea, Ryan Kendall, Nathan Jarman (Anthony Wilson 60), Jamie Yates. Subs not used: Russell Fry, Antoni Pecora

Histon Calum Kitscha, Harry O’Malley, Zak Mills, Remy Clerima, Omar Beckles, Grant Roberts (Nick Freeman 77),  Lewis Taaffe, Jay Dowie, Seedu Njie, Nathan Hicks, Claudiu Hoban(Andrew Phillips 66)
Subs not used: Matthew Waters, Michael Clunan, Charlie Day



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors