NFU 3 Hyde FC 0 (VCN)


Vanarama Conference North

North Ferriby United   3                               Hyde FC 0
Liam King 6
Tom Denton 26, 90+2                                                                                    

This win took Ferriby equal top of the Vanarama Conference North level on points with Guiseley and Boston.  Ferriby dominated most of the game and Hyde rarely offered a serious threat. As with the game at Stockport last Saturday, Ferriby could well have won by a bigger margin.

Ferriby were well worth their two goal lead at half-time against a Hyde side that played some attractive football. The Villagers took the lead after just six minutes. Nathan Peat’s low pass found Nathan Jarman and hiss quick pass allowed Liam King to fire an unstoppable shot off the underside of the bar and past Hyde keeper Billy O’Brien.

To Hyde’s credit they began to take the game to Ferriby and twice went close. First King put in a good challenge to deny Louis Almond then Josh Brizzell shot wide following a quick corner from Adam Blakeman.

Ferriby began to assert themselves and almost doubled the score but O’Brien made a fine save from Danny Emerton’s header following a pinpoint Jarman cross.

Dan Clayton and Emerton were creating problems down both wings and put in some dangerous crosses. This finally reaped dividends after 26 minutes. Clayton crossed to the far post where Tom Denton used his height to full advantage to head downwards and home a ball that was a good deal higher than the cross-bar.

Ferriby, by and large, controlled the first-half and created a number of opportunities. Hyde, for their part, played some good approach football but solid defending in midfield and in defence meant they had no real scoring opportunities Just before half-time they had one decent opportunity but dam Nicklin used his legs to block Connor Hughes angled shot.

The opening ten minutes of the second-half was probably Hyde’s best spell of the game as they pushed Ferriby back. However, they carried little threat.

In fact, Ferriby twice went close to increasing their lead. O’Brien made a superb finger-tip save to turn over a Denton header before Denton glanced a second header wide.

As the half progressed, some of Hyde’s tackling became a little desperate and they received four cautions.  O’Brien made two good saves from Denton and Jarman.

Denton was a constant threat with his heading. His lay-offs always seemed to find another Ferriby player.

The final goal came in time added-on. Jarman’s  cross from the left to the far post found Denton who, once again, out-jumped everybody to powerfully head home.

Manager Billy Heath commented, “We asked the players to start quickly which we did.  We dominated the game and could have won by more. We probably would have but for a good performance by their keeper. It was a good team performance by the players. We’ve now got four goals and two clean sheets in two games which is a really pleasing start.”


NFU: Adam Nicklin, Dean Lisle), Nathan Peat, Liam King (Russ Fry 81), Matt Wilson, Gregg Anderson, Danny Emerton, Jon D’Laryea, Tom Denton, Nathan Jarman, Dan Clayton (Adam Bolder 67)  Subs not used: Antoni Pecora, Mark Gray, Josh Wilde

Hyde FC: Billy O’Brien, Josh Brizzell, Kyle Brownhill, D’Arcy O’Connor, Luke Ashworth, Adam Thurston, Connor Hughes, Adam Blakeman (Ashley Kelly  81), Tom Bentham (Jon Conchie 61) Louis Almond (Matthew Kosylo 66) Steve Tames. Subs not used: Christian Thewlis, Aaron Chalmers


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors