NFU 3 Chorley 4 (VCN)

Vanarama Conference North
Saturday 4th April 2015

North Ferriby United  3
Scorers: Ryan Kendall 7; Tom Denton 40; Liam King 74 (pen)

Chorley 4
Scorers: Harry Winter 29; Matt Flynn 61; Adam Roscoe 66; Aaron Burns 83

Attendance: 705
This was a pulsating game in which a draw would have been a fair result with Ferriby having the better of the first-half and Chorley the second.

If Chorley thought that The Villagers would suffer a reaction to last Sunday’s FA Trophy win then they were disappointed.

The Villagers  started brightly and shocked promotion-chasing Chorley by taking the lead after 7 minutes. Tom Denton collected a loose throw-in from Chorley. His cross found  Jason St Juste on the far side of the area and his cross was fired home from close range by Ryan Kendall.

Chorley’s Paul Jarvis was then at the centre of the action at both ends. First he fired a 25-yard shot at Ferriby keeper Jonathan Hedge. Moments later he handled the ball in his own area when under no pressure but the officials ignored Ferriby’s valid claims for a penalty.

The game was fairly even in terms of territory but Ferriby carried the greater goal threat. St Juste saw a shot cleared off the line before Kendall shot straight at Ashton. The keeper then did well to beat away a Danny Clarke shot.

Chorley began to  look more dangerous and equalised after 29 minutes with a shot on the turn from Harry Winter following a cross from the left by Jack Dorney. This lifted Chorley and they were unlucky when Josh  Wilde cleared off the line following a deflection off a Ferriby player from  a corner

The half finished with Ferriby on top. Denton saw a shot deflected for a corner. This was taken by St Juste and  Denton rose high in the six-yard box   to place downward header in to the goal.

The second-half was even more entertaining.  Chorley were the more threatening throughout but could have been dead and buried before their equaliser.   Kendall was played in but his shot hit Ashton’s legs then Clarke shot over from close-range.

On 61 minutes,  Burns penalty was saved by Hedge then cleared for a corner. From substitute Matt Flynn headed home from Dale Whitham.

Five minutes later, Chorley went ahead for the first time. A bit of juggling from Adam Roscoe finally saw him fire pat Hedge.

With the game continuing end-to-end, Ferriby King equalised from the spot on 74 minutes following a foul by Andy Teague on Danny Hone.

With neither side happy to play for a draw it was Chorley who found the killer blow.

It came seven minutes from time. Burns appeared to foul Mark Gray as he challenged for the ball but, once again, the officials ignored Ferriby’s claims, and Burns was allowed to stride on to fire past the helpless Hedge.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath was disappointed and a bit exasperated after the game, “You expect to win when you score three goals at home. We didn’t defend well conceded four poor goals and that is not like us.”

Ferriby’s promotion hope sare now over but they will travel to Harrogate on Monday looking for a win that will see them climb the table.

NFU: (4-4-2) Jonathan Hedge, Sam Topliss, Josh Wilde, Liam King, Mark Gray, Danny Hone , Danny Clarke, Russell Fry, (Nathan Jarman 84), Tom Denton, Ryan Kendall Jason St Juste (Curtis Bateson 81),  
Subs not used:( Tom Nicholson,  Adam Bolder, Nathan Peat

Chorley: (4-5-1)Sam Ashton, Mark Ross, Paul Jarvis, Andy Teague, Chris Doyle (Matt Flynn 36), Adam Roscoe (Chris Almond 84), Josh Hine, Dale Whitham (Jake Cotterell 62),  Aaron, Harry Winter (7), Jack Dorney
Subs not used: Adam Dodd, Jack Lynch,




Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors