NFU 2 Rushall Olympic 2 (Evo Prem


 North Ferriby United  2 Rushall Olympic  2

League leaders Ferriby were disappointed to lose a two goal lead, and two points, in a tense finish. For much of the game they had looked the likely winners.

Ferriby dominated the early exchanges. Rushall keeper Chris gemmell just beat Ryan kendall to an Anthony Wilson cross then Kendall saw his header taken by the keeper.

It was no surprise when Ferriby took the lead after 9 minutes. Dean Lisles rose above everybody to powerfully head home Ryan Williams' corner.

The goal seemed to spur Rushall and they started to exert pressure on Ferriby but could not create any chances.

Ferriby took control of the final 20 minutes of the first half but clear chances were hard to come by. The pace of Wilson and Kendall up front was a problem for Rushall but, unfortunately, the two strikers were caught off-side too often.

Ferriby finally got the goal their control deserved after 40 minutes when Gregg Anderson scored with an unstoppable 35-yard drive after the ball had been partially cleared.

Rushall came at Ferriby early in the second-half but the leaders gradually took control. Danny Clarke, twice and Liam King went close for Ferriby but could not find the decisive goal.

The last 25 minutes were much more even as Rushall began to exert pressure of their own.

Gemmell parried a Wilson shot and Danny Clarke's shot from the loose ball was cleared off the line.

Clarke then had a mazy run across the goal-line but his final shot hit the side netting.

Gemmell blocked well from King after being played-in by Wilson.

At this point Rushall were struggling to cope with Ferriby's passing game but to their credit they lifted their game.

They were rewarded after 79 minutes when Ramone Stephens'  low cross was deflected past his own goalkeeper by Gregg Anderson.

Two minutes later Rushall were level when Josh Craddock fired home from 12 yards.

Ferriby will feel that both goals were preventable.

Ferriby thought they had won the game in the 83rd minute but Ryan Kendall  wss judged off-side as he slipped the ball in after Chris Gemmell had saved Anthony Wilson's shot.

Manager Billy Heath commented, "It's obviously disappointing to give-up a two goal lead. We had chances to finish them off but failed to take them."


NFU: Adam Nicklin, Dean Lisles, Steve Ridley, Liam King, Gregg Anderson, Mark Gray, Danny Clarke,  Chris Bolder (c), Anthony Wilson, Ryan Kendall (Gary Bradshaw 84), Ryan Williams (Russell Fry 75). Non-playing subs: Jack Muldoon, Paul Foot, Antoni Pecora

Rushall Olympic:  Chris Gemmel, Kyle Haynes,  Jonathan Haynes,  Gavin Caines, Mitchell Tolley, Josh Craddock, Grant Beckett (c) (Luke Bottomer 51) Danny Bragoli, Dave Walker (Michael Clarke 58), Andre Landell (Joel Purkiss), Ramone Stephens. Non-playing subs:, Decio Gomes, Wayne Daniel,

 NFU: Dean Lisles 9; Gregg Anderson 40
Rushall Olympic: Gregg Anderson(og) 79; Josh Craddock 81



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors