NFU 2 Colwyn Bay 3 (SN)

Skrill North
Saturday 21 December 2013

North Ferriby United  2   Colwyn Bay  3
Scorers: NFU: Russell Fry 58; Nathan Jarman 78
Colwyn Bay: Jamie Ellison 24, 40; Shaun Williams 30

A mad 15 minute spell midway through the first-half cost Ferriby dear. Colwyn Bay took a three-nil lead during this time and despite a stirring second-half fight-back, Ferriby could not find the equaliser they deserved..

Ferriby were denied a penalty in the second minute when Danny Clarke was wrestled to the ground but the referee waved away their claims.

Ferriby began to exert some control and had a period of pressure. Ryan Kendall volleyed wide then Nathan Jarman then rounded Bay keeper Chris Sanna but fired in to the side-netting from a narrow angle. Sanna then saved well at Clarke’s feet. Clarke and Paul Robson combined to set-up Liam King but his shot was blocked.

Colwyn began to haul themselves into the game with Adam Nicklin having to head away from the edge of his area and Gareth Evans heading wide.

Colwyn took the lead against the run of play after 24 minutes. Marc Williams fed James Ellison who ran across the area fired home from 18 yards. Six minutes later Sean Williams hit a dipping shot from 20 yards that crept under the bar.

Ellison looked well off-side when he latched on to Sean Williams’ through-ball after 40 minutes to slide the ball past Nicklin to put Colwyn three ahead.  He should have completed his hat-trick two minutes later but blazed over with only Nicklin to beat.

Ferriby dominated the second-half and Colwyn only managed one shot.

The Villagers reduced  the arrears after 58 minutes when Russell Fry headed home a Jamie Yates’ corner. A Yates shot was then blocked and Liam King fired the rebound at Sanna.

Colwyn were reduced to 10 men after 65 minutes when Mike Lea was shown a red card for hauling down King on the edge of the area as the midfielder burst through.

Nathan Jarman scored with an overhead kick after 68 minutes but The Villagers could not find the equaliser.
What appeared to be a blatant handball on the line was waved away by the referee as Ferriby piled on the pressure.
Yates and Fry had shots saved by Sanna as the game ran to a close. Bay had defended well in the second-half but Ferriby were unfortunate to lose.

Manager Billy Heath commented, “It was frustrating today. A mad 15 minutes cost us the game. The attitude in the second-half was pleasing but we left ourselves with too much to do.”

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Paul Robson (Dan Clayton 72), Nathan Peat, Liam King, Matt Wilson, Danny Hone, Danny Clarke, Russell Fry, Ryan Kendall ( Anthony Wilson 51), Nathan Jarman,Jamie Yates
Subs not used: Jon D’Laryea, Antoni Pecora, Gregg Anderson,

Colwyn Bay: Chris Sanna, Danny Taylor, Mike Lea, Anthony Stephens, Tom Smyth, Jamie Crowther (Charlie Joyce (90), Gareth Evans Cameron Darkwah (76),, Shaun Williams, Rob Hopley, Marc Williams, Jamie Ellison (Louis Moss 67), Subs not used: Daniel East, Ed Moss,

Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors