NFU 0 Stockport County 0 (SN)

The Skrill North
Saturday 5 April 2014

North Ferriby United 0    Stockport County  0 

Attendance: 440

Overnight leaders Ferriby dropped to second place after this goalless draw against Stockport County.

It was a frustrating afternoon for The Villagers who had the majority of possession and created many more goal-scoring opportunities than Stockport.

It was the visitors started more brightly. Adriano Moke was prominent in their early attacks  but the team created no significant threat  in a first-half of few goal chances for either side. Mark Gray cleared a low cross before it could reach Jamie Milligan in what was County’s most dangerous attack.

Ferriby gradually played themselves back in to the game and thought they had scored after 11 minutes. Ryan Kendall and County keeper Ian Ormson challenged for a cross but the referee harshly disallowed Kendall’s header for a foul.

Kendall was proving troublesome for County’s defence and saw a low cross deflected for a corner just ahead of the incoming Nathan Jarman.

Kendall was unlucky after 28 minutes when he latched on to Jarman’s astute pass.. Ormson got the slightest of touches to the ball as it slid past him to hit the inside of the post and roll along the line before being cleared by Stephen O’Halloran.

There was little to note for the remainder of the half in which defences and midfield were generally on top.

The second-half was a somewhat different affair.

Ormson produced a great one-handed diving save to deny Jamie Yates in the opening minute.  From the corner Nathan Peat saw a shot blocked. Jarman then fired wide and Yates saw a shot deflected  for a corner

County’s only reply was a Milligan free-kick that went straight in to the wall.
The Villagers continued to exert pressure and Gray and Jarman both sent headers wide.

Stockport finally began to create some pressure and Milligan chipped Nicklin but the shot went wide.

Ormson, again, prevented a Ferriby goal when he parried Lewis Mcmahon’s shot. Jarman’s shot on the rebound hit a defender and was cleared.

Kristian Dennis saw his powerful header go straight to Nicklin then the keeper produced a superb save to deny the same player in the 87th minute. Ian Howard fed Dennis but his low shot as he closed in on goal was well saved by Nicklin.

Ferriby probably should have won given their possession and chances but credit to Stockport for an organised and determined performance.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented, “It was a frustrating afternoon. We had enough chances to win the game but it just did not go for us this afternoon. We have a significant injury list and this obviously takes it toll.”

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Josh Wilde, Nathan Peat, Liam King (Lewis McMahon 73), Mark Gray, Danny Hone, Danny Clarke Louis Bruce (90+3), Russell Fry, Ryan Kendall, Nathan Jarman, Jamie Yates. Subs not used: Danny Emerton, Anthony Pecora, Lewis McMahon, Tim Taylor

Stockport County: Ian Ormson, Kyle Jacobs, Scott Duxbury, Tunji Moses, Mark Lees, Stephen O’Halloran, Adriano Moke  Jamie Milligan, Kristian Dennis, Phil Jevons, Iain Howard Subs not played: Robert Lofthouse, Matthew Todd, Chris Churchman, Nicky Platt, Sanchez Payne


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors