Lincoln United 1 NFU 2 (PSF)

Lincoln United 1           North Ferriby United 2
Pre-season friendly

Late goals from Liam King and Ryan Kendall gave Ferriby a deserved win at Lincoln. Only an outstanding performance by home goalkeeper Gavin Saxby prevented  a spirited Lincoln side from suffering a heavier defeat.

Lincoln had the better of the early exchanges and took the lead after 8 minutes. Paul Mayo's long throw-in was partially cleared and Sam Triffitt scored with a low drive from the edge of the area.

The first-half was largely a long-ball game with few opportunities but Ferriby gradually gained the ascendancy. Jamie Yates was prominent in many of The Villagers' attacks. His passes and pace proved difficult for Lincoln's defence to handle.

Yates's 30-yard pass gave Nathan Jarman an opportunity but he fired wide. Gregg Anderson then headed wide form a Yates cross.

Lincoln's Stuart  Reddington tried to lob Nicklin with a sixty yard free-kick but the keeper was alert to the threat.

Jarman drew a diving save from Saxby before the keeper made a superb double save, firstly from Kendall then from Jarman as he followed-up.

Saxby made a superb double save from Ryan Kendall's first shot and Nathan Jarman's follow-up.

Ben Hunter's free-kick was headed wide by matt Wilson as Ferriby continued to press for the equaliser.

Lincoln's reply was limited to two headers from Josh Bowden and Ben Brown that both went wide.

The first-half finished on a sour note when John Leonard's bad challenge left Hunter injured.

The second-half was dominated by Ferriby who played some attractive and fast passing football. Ferriby manager Billy Heath rang the changes as the half progressed in order to give all his players some game time.

Anthony Wilson saw Saxby turn his low shot round the post then Wilson headed wide from the resulting corner-kick.

George Zeurner was booked for a late challenge on Nicklin and this raised the temperature of the game.

Saxby saved well from Tom Davey and Jarman before superbly turning-over Anthony Wilson's dipping 35 yard drive.

Ferriby's dominance meant that Sean Cann's  shot after 61 minutes was their only shot of the second-half.

When Danny Hone's header was saved by saxby it looked as if it could be one of those games where pressure does not bring goals.

However, Ferriby finally equalised six minutes from time through Liam King's 18-yard pile-driver after a cross had only been partially cleared.  Kendall then struck the winner from close range after good work by Yates and Jarman after 86 minutes.

The game finished with frayed tempers and a melee in the centre circle that involved a lot of pushing and posturing. It was a sad way to finish an otherwise entertaining game.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath was pleased with the win but he was far from happy about the challenges on Hunter and Nicklin.

Lincoln United: Gavin Saxby, John Leonard (Andy Mutch 80), Paul Mayo, Danny Brooks, Ben Brown (Stuart King 65), Stuart Reddington (Dave Hone 76), Simon Mowbray (Lewis Richards 80), Andy Toyne, Josh Bowden (Gio Carchedi 45), Sam Triffitt (Sean cann 52), George Zeurner (Gaz Symonds (63)

NFU: Adam Nicklin (Antoni Pecora 60), Paul Robson (Louis Bruce 79), Nathan Peat  (Tom Davey 63), Liam King, Matty Wilson (Sam Belcher 755), Gregg Anderson (Danny Hone (45), Ben Hunter (Danny Clarke 45), Louis Kirk Tim Taylor (77), Ryan Kendall (Anthony Wilson 45),   Nathan Jarman (Ryan Kendall 73), Jamie Yates (Louis Mobbs 88),

Attendance: 112


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors