Kidderminster Harriers 4 NFU 0 (NLN 17-18)

Tuesday 21  November 2017

 Vanarama National League North

Kidderminster Harriers    4       North Ferriby United     0
Joe Ironside 7
Ryan Croasdale 16, 41
Elton Ngwatala 32

A second successive four goal away defeat compounded Ferriby’s problems at the bottom of the table.

Saturday’s scoreline at Salford was harsh but the same could not be said of tonight.

Ferriby were outplayed by a very good Kidderminster side. Harriers were very comfortable on the ball throughout the game. James McQuilkin and Ryan Croasdale dominated midfield.

The hosts always seemed to have players available for the ball whether they were attacking, defending or just controlling the middle. Their passing was rarely wasteful and their ability to find and utilise space tor The Villagers apart at times.

The game started promisingly for Ferriby and for the first five minutes they took the game to Kidderminster.

Howeve, on seven minutes had a little bit of luck. Croasdale attempted to control the ball in midfield but the ball deflected to Elton  Ngwatala on the left. He advanced and his low cross into the six-yard box was swept home by Joe Ironside. Once again, sloppy marking let Ferriby down.

Harriers totally dominated the half after this as they pulled Ferriby apart. On 14 minutes, a ball through the centre saw Croasdale take the ball round Ross Durrant before sliding it home.

The third goal after 32 minutes was another one straight down the centre. Brandon Hall’s goalkick was flicked on to Ngwatala who ran on to score.

Ferriby’s misery was compounded after 41 minutes when Croasdale won the ball 20-yards out and strode on before striking beyond Ross Durrant.

Durrant made a number of decent saves during the half to keep the score down. The small contingent of Ferriby fans must have been fearing the worst at half-time but The Villagers actually regained some pride.

Yannick Gomes, making his debut and Callum Rzonca replaced Jordon Cooke and Mark Gray and Ferriby began to look more threatening.

Even so, the half belonged to Harriers as far as possession and goal attempts were concerned but Ferriby kept the at bay This was partly due to Durant and some wayward finishing

Mason Warren was desperately unlucky not to score. His surging 40-yard run ended with a 20-yard shot that Hall managed to flick out of the top corner.

Kuda Muskwe started to make his presence felt and this caused some uncomfortable moments for the home defence. Rzonca was providing some pace and direction as Ferriby did take the game forward in the final 20 minutes. It was all too little, too late.

Manager Steve Housham commented,
“We lost to a good side that plays good football. But you cannot defend like we did, like we have all season, and expect to win.

“Defensively, we were poor in the centre tonight and they exploited that.

We looked better in the second-half. We looked as if we wanted to compete and we got some pride back.”

Housham is right, his players did get some pride back in the second-half but that alone is not enough. The team needs to play with more intensity for the whole game and that is not in evidence at the moment.

NFU: Ross Durrant , Ross Barrows,  Steve Brogan, Jake Skelton, Mark Gray (Callum Rzonca 45),,  Jake Picton, Simon Russell, Bobby Johnson (Joe Pugh 74),,  Kuda Muskwe ,  Jordan Cooke (Yannick Gomes 45)  , Mason Warren

Substitutes not used: Joel Ambalu, Luke Lofts

Kidderminster Harriers: Brandon Hall, James person, Sam Austin, Ryan Croasdale, Fraser Horsfall, Declan Weeks, James McQuilkin (Yan Klukowski 60), Joe Ironside, Elton Ngwatala (Liam Truslove 79), Andre Brown (Emmanuel Sonupe 56)

Subs not used:  Harry Higginson, Harry Startford




Our Sponsors