Kendal Town 2 NFU 4 (Evo Prem)

Evostik Northern Premier League Premier Division

Kendal Town  2  North Ferriby United   4
Kick-off was delayed by 90 minutes due to Ferriby's coach and Kendal's own players being caught in a long tailback on the M6 due to an accident.

Five hours sitting on a coach is not the best preparation for a game but it seemed to do little harm to Ferriby's attitude. They took the game to Kendal from the start and Gary Bradshaw almost scored after just three minutes. He saw his shot save by Josh Welsby diving low to his right.

Bradshaw then pounced on Marc Joseph's misplaced header but his cross just evaded the incoming Ryan Kendall.

The opening goal arrived after 9 minutes. Debutant Ryan Williams won the ball in midfield and crossed to Bradshaw who fed Kendall to slam home from 10 yards.

It was 27 minutes before Ferriby keeper Adam Nickiin was seriously troubled. He blocked Kevin Leadbetter's shot as the striker advanced on him.

Within a minute Ferriby were two ahead. Bradshaw's 45 yard pass to Kendall saw Welsby hesitate long enough for Kendal to take the ball and himself ball around him and  score into an empty goal.

This was no more than Ferriby deserved. The back four was again well-organised and winning virtually everything. The midfield were closing down Kendal quickly and giving them little time to play and Bradshaw and Kendall were upsetting the defence with their pace and movement up front.

Ferriby continued to control the first-half and regularly threatened but their finishing lacked accuracy.

Kendal started the second-half with a little more purpose as Ferriby sat back a lttle. Alex taylor reduced the arrears in the 56th minute when he was allowed to turn and shoot past Nicklin following a move involving Ben Fishwick and Leadbetter.

This brought a quick reaction from Ferriby. Two minutes later Bradshaw was again the provider for Kendal. He played-in Kendal who advanced on Welsby before hitting the ball hard and low into the far corner of the net for a well-deserved hat-trick.

Ferriby remained largely in control with Liam King firing narrowly over.  Leadbetter went close for Kendal but his 25 yard shot went high

The game seemed to be drifting to a conclusion when Kendal managed to pull the scor-line back to 3-2.  A corner from the right was misjudged by Gregg Anderson at the far post and Russell fry headed in to his own goal.

Amazingly, just as after Kendal's first goal, Ferriby went straight to the other end scored. Williams mazy run down the left ended with him crossing to jack Muldoon on the far side of the area. The striker controlled the ball before firing a low cross shot past Welsby for his first competitive goal for the club.

This was another commanding performance from Ferriby and the result makes it five consecutive wins for The Villagers.

Manager Billy Heath commented, "It was a good performance. Even  I was feeling drained after sitting for five hours on the coach so I was really pleased with the players' response.  

"We still need to be more consistent and make more of the chance that we create but the team is moving in the right direction and putting-in good performances."  

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Dean Lisles, Nathan Peat, Liam King, Gregg Anderson, Paul Foot, Danny Clarke,  Russell Fry, Gary Bradshaw,  Ryan Kendall (Jack Muldoon 73), Ryan Williams (Steve Ridley 88).Non-playing subs: Mark Gray, Chris Bolder, Antoni Pecora

Kendal Town:  Josh Welsby, Edward Williams (Alex Taylor 45), Danny Wisdom, Rory Winters, Marc Joseph, Simon Wills, Alex Randell, Scott Harries, Ben Fishwick, Danny Williams(Liam Wynn 19), Kevin Leadbetter. Non-playing subs: Andrew Graham, Ian Kilford, Tom Newton


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors