Gloucester City 1 NFU 1 (VCN)

Vanarama Conference North

Gloucester City 1   North Ferriby United   1
Scorers: NFU: Nathan Jarman 90+3
Gloucester City: Harry White 33

Ferriby salvaged a point with another late, late show when Nathan Jarman scored from close-range in a goal-mouth scramble in added time. In the end, it was a point that The Villagers deserved but they had to work extremely hard against a committed and resolute Gloucester side.

Gloucester certainly had the better of the first-half but Ferriby produced a better performance after half-time and had Gloucester defending somewhat desperately at times.

Ferriby had slightly more pressure in the opening 10 minutes of the game but only threatened once with home keeper Jasbir Singh having to come out of his area to head clear from Ryan Kendall. A few minutes earlier, Adam Nicklin had been equally alert to race out and clear from Joe Parker.

The Villagers were rather sluggish for much of the rest of the half and did not offer another threat on Singh’s goal. It would be harsh to criticise Ferriby. This was their sixth game in 17 days and that is a big ask for part-time players. Also, the club has a relatively small squad and injuries have taken their toll in recent weeks. This has meant that Manager Billy Heath has had to juggle his players rather than rotate his squad.

For all their possession in the first-half, Gloucester did not force Nicklin into a really serious save as their shots went straight to him without any serious power.

Gloucester’s goal came in the 333rd minute. Gregg Anderson’s misplaced pass allowed Joe Parker to provide Harry White with the chance to turn and score with a shot inside Nicklin’s left-hand post.

Ferriby came much more in to the game in the second-half but, once again, clear opportunities were few and far between.

Tom Denton’s goal-bound header was deflected for a corner the Jon D’Laryea saw a shot blocked.

A quick Gloucester break saw Lewis Hall cross for White to flick wide at the near post.

Ferriby continued to press with substitutes Nathan Jarman and Jamie Yates shooting wide.

With the game in added time, Nicklin did well to block Charlie Griffin’s shot as the striker advanced on him. In the third added minute, Josh Wilde crossed for Kendall to head against the bar. From the rebound, both Kendall and Jarman went for the ball. It was Jarman who got the final touch and for his pain he was injured in the process.

The draw was a fair result in the end. The Villagers have done extremely well in recent games. To show the performance and commitment in so many games in such a short space of time is testament to their commitment and fitness.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented: “It was definitely a hard-earned point.  However, it was one that we deserved, especially with our second-half performance. ’ve got to give credit to the players. It’s been very demanding couple of weeks and we have done well overall.

NFU: Adam Nicklin, Louis Bruce (Jamie Yates 90), Josh Wilde, Jon D’Laryea (Nathan Jarman 65 (Danny Hone 90+5)), Gregg Anderson, Mark Gray, Adam Bolde,  Russ Fry, Tom Denton, Ryan Kendall, Nathan St juste. Subs not used: Tom Nicholson, Nathan Peat

Gloucester City: Jasbir Singh,  Mike F Green,  Billy Jones, Jack Harris, Sam Avery, Adam Connolly, Lewis Hall (Matt Groves 82), Tom Webb, Charlie Griffin, Joe Parker (Nathan Modest 90), Harry White (Jamie Lucas 72). Subs not used: Marc Richards, Spencer Hamilton, 


Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors