Bradford PA 0 NFU 4 (SN)

The Skrill North

Bradford Park Avenue  0  North Ferriby United  4

 NFU: Matt Wilson 10; Liam King 61; Nathan Jarman 66pen; Anthony Wilson 84
Attendance: 346

After a scrappy first-half Ferriby took control of the game in the second and ran out comfortable winners.

Both teams had chances in the opening minutes with Danny Clarke going close for Ferriby and former Ferriby striker Ales Davidson bringing out a good save from Adam Nicklin.

Davidson then charged down a Nicklin clearance but could not take advantage of the loose ball. Nathan Peat rescued Ferriby with a goal-line clearance after a scramble in the penalty area.

Ferriby went ahead after 10 minutes. Jamie Yates free-kick beat everybody in the centre of the goal but reached the far post where it finally ended-up in the net. The goal was officially credited to Matt Wilson.

Ferriby began to take control of the game but they struggled to hold the ball for any real periods of time so chances were limited. The Villagers pressed and harried Bradford all over the field, forcing the home side into numerous misplaced passes.

Bradford’s main threat came from Davidson’s pace and skill but even he had no clear scoring opportunities.

Ryan Kendall saw a dipping 20-yard shot go just over the bar and Nathan Jarman brought a good save from John Lamb. Ferriby ended the half on top with another Kendall shot which went straight to London.

Ferriby gave a much more assured display in the second-half. Again, Bradford were forced in to making mistakes as Ferriby put them under pressure every time they had the ball.

Ferriby deservedly doubled their lead after 61 minutes. Danny Clarke was fouled on the edge of the area and with the defence expecting a free-kick the referee played the advantage. The ball was played across and Liam king was the first to react after a shot had been blocked.

Five minutes later the game was virtually over. Anthony Wilson jinked his way in to the area where he was tripped by Adam Quinn. Jarman calmly sent Lamb the wrong way from the start.

Ferriby kept-up the pressure on Bradford who did nor really pose any threat until the final 10 minutes. Nicklin did well to turn Ross Daly’s shot for a corner and Paul Walker fired a low shot at Nicklin.

Ferriby’s final goal came six minutes from time. Nathan peat’s clearance found Anthony Wilson some 20 yards in his own half. He set off with defenders in tow but calmly shrugged them off before completing a sixty yard run by sliding the ball past Lamb. It was a fitting end way for Ferriby to complete the scoring.

Added time saw Richard Marshall and Chris Howarth go close for the home side but it was all too little too late.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath said, “We were not at our best in the first-half because we never really settled on the ball. However it was a really good performance in the second-half. We controlled the game and denied Bradford time and space on the ball.”

So three days into the season, Ferriby sit at the top of the table with six points and seven goals. Not bad for a team that is notoriously slow to start the season


NFU: Adam Nicklin, Paul Robson, Nathan Peat, Liam King, Matt Wilson (Jon D’Laryea 55), Danny Hone, Danny Clarke, Gregg Anderson (Dean Lisles 85),  Ryan Kendall (Anthony Wilson 45), Nathan Jarman, Jamie Yates Subs not used: Ben White, Louis Kirk,  

Bradford PA: John Lamb, Adam Clayton (c), Jason St. Juste, Richard Marshall, James Knowles, Adam Quinn, Nicky Boshell (Chris Howarth 77), Ross Daly, Alex Davidson (Tom Corner 77), Louie Swain (Danny Forest 64), Paul Walker. Non-playing Subs: Lee Elam, Charlie Clamp




Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors