Brackley Town 1 NFU 1 (VCN)

Vanarama Conference North

North Ferriby United   1
Tom Denton 14

Brackley Town  1
Greg Kaziboni 22

Att: 192


Three away games and a thousand miles in eight days saw Ferriby end with 10 points from the last four games after this draw at Brackley. However, perhaps the most important thing as far as Ferriby ware concerned is that nobody picked-up an injury ahead of next week’s FA Trophy Final against Wrexham.

This was a game of the proverbial two-halves. The Villagers, perhaps feeling the effects of the last week’s travelling were slow to start and could have been three down in the first 10 minutes.

Ferriby were thankful to keeper Jonathan Hedge. First, he dived to save a header from Owen Story. He then made an outstanding save to push away David Moyo’s penalty after a harsh decision against Russell Fry, not the first controversial decision the referee made in the game. Immediately after the penalty, Hedge turned a Moyo header round the post.

Ferriby responded and Tome Denton rose at the far post to put The Villagers in front after Danny Hone had flicked-on Adam Bolder’s cross from the right.

The pace and movement of Moyo and Greg Kaziboni created problems throughout the half for Ferriby. It was Kaziboni who equalised after 22 minutes. His low shot beat Hedge but the Assistant Referee had his flag up for off-side. Rather surprisingly the referee over-ruled his assistant after consulting him.

A couple of minutes later Kaziboni hit a cross-shot just wide. Ferriby responded with a Liam King shot that went straight to home keeper Dean Snedker.

The Villagers were getting rather frustrated as a number of challenges went unpunished by the referee as Ferriby tried to build some momentum.

The half-closed with Sam Whittall firing wide then having a shot blocked.

If Brackley had shaed the first-half, the second was almost completely Ferriby’s with Brackley managing only one on-target attempt.

Ferriby were unfortunate in the 52nd minute when the ball bounced around the Brackley area but failed to fall for any of The Villagers’ players to get-in a shot.

With Ferriby controlling the game, Bolder saw one shot saved and a second one blocked. It was then Jarman’s turn to be denied twice with Snedker struggling to palm the ball over the bar then holding another shot.

Moyo hit a shot at Hedge in a rare Brackley attack before Russ Fry’s corner found Denton whose header was cleared off the line.

Whittall had a good chance from 12 yards but fired over the bar and this was Brackley’s last serious threat.

Jarman fired in to the side netting, Denton glanced a header wide and Danny Clarke had a shot blocked as Ferriby continued to press forward. Jarman had a tremendous game up front with his movement causing no end of problems  for Brackley’s defence.

As the game closed, King, twice, Denton and Fry all went close but the winner would not come.

The point capped off a busy week but the most important thing was that The Villagers avoided injuries ahead of next Sunday’s Wembley date.

Ferriby manager Billy Heath commented, “It was a good performance. We dominated the second-half and should have won. . However it was a decent point with seven from three away games in a week. More important, we have picked-up no injuries.”

North Ferriby: NFU: Jonathan Hedge, Sam Topliss  (Josh Wilde 88), Nathan Peat, Liam King, Matt Wilson, Danny Hone, Danny Clarke (Jason St Juste 82),, Russ Fry, Tom Denton, Adam Bolder (Ryan Kendall 69), Nathan Jarman. Subs not used: Gregg Anderson, Tom Nicholson,  

Brackley Town: Dean Snedker, Dwayne Samuels, Danny Fitzsimmons, Eddie Odihambo Frank Sinclair, Ryan Austin, Owen Story, Sam Whittall  (Will Green 85),  David Moyo, Roddy Collins,  Greg Kazibonu, Subs not used: Michael Built, Stuart Pierpoint,  Ryan Rowe Dan Farrell



Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors