Chairman: Andrew Frankland-Barber email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Anthony Wood
Treasurer: Steve Dale
Committee Members: Mark Leighton, Dave Farrow and Mike Birney
Honorary Vice Presidents: Joan Butler, Clare Russell and Mike Dixon.
Supporters’ Club email: email@example.com
The membership fees for this year are £6 for adults and £3 for juniors
Cheques payable to A. Barber.
Benefits include discounted coach travel to away matches.
Application forms can be picked-up at the club shop on match days. Download one from the website.
1) Election of officials. Andrew was proposed to continue as Chairman by Barry Johnson and seconded by Dave Farrow. I was proposed to carry on as Secretary by Dave and seconded by Mark Leighton. I proposed Steve to carry on as Treasurer and seconded by Dave. Dave was proposed by me to continue on the Committee, seconded by Andrew. Mike was proposed by Andrew to continue on the Committee and seconded by me. David Jones resigned from the Committee. We thank him for his contributions over the years. David proposed Mark to take his place, seconded by Barry, and Mark accepted.
2) Treasurers report. Even after spending £490.50 on new footballs for the club and £988.17 on the hotel for the team at Torquay, and despite income from memberships and the Goals and Shut Outs falling, we still have £915.46 in cash and the bank. Copies of Steve's report are available from him.
3) Away travel. After the apathy of last season Dave Farrow and myself are no longer arranging any coaches for away games. Mark volunteered to put a schedule together and get costings for next season. Thanks Mark and good luck.
4) Fundraising. Mike has agreed to continue doing the Goals and Shut Outs and David will assist him. If you don't know what this is. You offer to pay a minimum of 20p ( can be more) for every goal we score or every clean sheet we keep. Please contact Mike or David if you wish to join. All the monies raised go to the Supporters Club and ultimately the club.
When we were at Southport we spotted something they do to raise money. We are calling it League Ladders. It's basically a Sweepstake. For £5 per team you get to draw a team, at random, from either the Premiership or National League North. If your team wins either division you win £30, if they finish 11th you win £15 and if they come bottom you get your £5 back. Please see Dave Farrow or myself if you want to join. Again all profits go to the Supporters Club.
Our newest member Jo, came up with the idea of a 60/70s night at the club, with prices for the best dressed and raffle prizes. We would price the tickets at £5. This is an event for the future, but please let me know if you are interested or have anything for a raffle prize.
5) Notice Boards.You may have seen the posters welcoming the opposition supporters to Ferriby around the ground. They have featured on other clubs Twitter sites. Steve Dale does these, for which we thank him. Steve wants to put them in some kind of board rather than sticking them up with blue tac. Steve had priced some up at £42 each, but Jo contacted some one who said they could do them for just the cost of the perspex. I'm just waiting for Jo to come back to me.
6) A.O.B . Mark proposed an N.F.U Hall of Fame. This will be to induct former players to the Hall of Fame. The Committee would nominate players who we feel have contributed most to the club, and then the rest of the membership will vote for the person for that seasons winner. We could then invite them and some family members to a game to present them with a certificate and hopefully allow them to enjoy hospitality at the game. The final details will have to be worked out with the club. Barry is going to raise it with Steve Forster at the next oppurtunity. If you would like to see Mark's full proposal, email me and I'll forward it on.
After Joan Butler, Clare Russell and Mike Dixon were made Honorary Vice Presidents of the Supporters Club this season, David Jones proposed, seconded by Barry, that John Sprowson be honoured in a similar way. John is a former player, who also has done a lot of work and fundraising for the club over many years. He is not a member of the Supporters Club, and we don't even know if he will accept, but it was voted on and passed to ask him.
Membership begins on August 1st and will remain the same cost as before. Please see Steve Dale or any Committee member to renew, if you want to. You can maybe encourage others to join or rejoin.
We have 2 confirmed Pre Season friendlies and 6 yet to be confirmed, with 1 very interesting one in my opinion.
The final thing. What do you want from the Supporters Club and therefore, the Committee. If there is anything you would like us to do that we aren't, contact me please.
The AGM finished at 442PM
North Ferriby United Supporters Club Secretary